Sunday, July 31, 2022

Question the White House Double Standard

 I realized that I've totally neglected this blog for more than seven years, during which - incredibly enough - the Boston Globe has gotten even worse. I've now resolved to go back and start posting letters I've sent which they've neglected to publish. At this point, it's been more than four years since they've published any of my letters and I've sent them at least 84 letters during that period. It's pretty clear to me that, besides their general reluctance to publish anything positive about Israel, they've canceled me.

Hopefully, others will also post their unpublished letters sent to the Boston Globe. To do so, send them to me at alan.stein@primerct.org. You may also request authorization to post directly.

Here's the first of my backlog of unpublished letters, submitted March 21, 2015 with the subject "Question the White House Double Standard."

To the editor:

Reading Michael Cohen's highly critical article, "Netanyahu's political casualties," I couldn't help but notice no mention was made of the fact that Mahmoud Abbas has repeatedly asserted he will never accept "two states for two peoples," which along with the violent upheavals in the Middle East provide the reason for Netanyahu's observation that there won't be another Palestinian Arab state until these conditions change.

More important, why are the White House and State Department ignoring both Abbas' long-standing rejection of "two states for two peoples" while castigating Netanyahu and planning to punish Israel for reacting to it, and why is the media not acting responsibly and questioning our leaders about that unfair double standard?

Sincerely,

Alan Stein, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment